The simple regular practice of Mindfulness meditation can bring a sense of calm and well being even in the midst of a busy life.
This will be a simple yet comprehensive introduction to the basics of Mindfulness meditation and will give you the tools to get you started. It will be grounded in theory and practice, and is also suitable for those who want to rekindle, or are looking for support for their practice.
The next course starts on Monday January 21st 2019. The course will run for six consecutive Monday evenings starting at 7.15pm.
Each session is one hour and fifteen minutes and will run as follows:
- Week One: Mindfulness of the breath – the anchor.
- Week Two: Mindfulness of the body – body scan.
- Week Three: Mindfulness of feelings tones – feelings and emotions.
- Week Four: Mindfulness of the mind – thoughts, images, fear of the future, planning, the inner critic, etc.
- Week Five: Loving Kindness meditation.
- Week Six: Hindrances to meditation – struggles with daily practice and committing to a daily practice.
The course is experiential. During each session you will learn the techniques of mindfulness meditation, and there will be time for some sharing of experience and for questions and answers. Participants will be expected to set aside time for daily practice, and a handout covering the course material will be given at each session.
The cost for the whole course is £72, and is held at Live Free Wellness, 265 Putney Bridge Road, Putney, SW15 2PT. To book, call Live Free Wellness on 020 8780 0898. Spaces are limited to 9 people, so do book early to avoid disappointment. The full fee is required to secure your place.
Click here if you would like to read a simple instruction to get you started.