The simple regular practice of Mindfulness meditation can bring a sense of calm and well being even in the midst of a busy life.
This will be a comprehensive introduction to the basics of Mindfulness meditation and will give you the tools to get you started. It will be grounded in theory and practice, and also suitable for those who want to rekindle, or are looking for support for their practice.
Each session is one hour and fifteen minutes and will run as follows:
- Week One: Mindfulness of the breath – the anchor.
- Week Two: Mindfulness of the body – body scan.
- Week Three: Mindfulness of feelings tones – feelings and emotions.
- Week Four: Mindfulness of the mind – thoughts, images, fear of the future, planning, the inner critic, etc.
- Week Five: Loving Kindness meditation.
- Week Six: Hindrances to meditation – struggles with daily practice and committing to a daily practice.
The course is experiential. Participants will be expected to set aside time for daily practice. There will also be time for some sharing of experience and for questions and answers. A handout will be given at each session.
The cost for the whole course is £72, and is held at Live Free Wellness, 265 Putney Bridge Road, Putney, SW15 2PT.
Spaces are limited to 9 people. The full fee is required to secure your place.
The next course starts on Monday February 19th at 7.15pm. Please contact me to register your interest or you can book by calling Live Free Wellness on 020 8780 0898.
If you have any questions call me on 020 8780 9449 or use the contact form.
Click here if you would like to try a simple instruction to get you started.
- Listening to the Body, the Felt Sense Prayer
- Bereavement, Grief and Loss